2014年7月13日星期日

China is foodie's China

As a Chinese so far from home, sometimes the most difficult thing is not busy work or culture shock, is the memories of food, those familiar and strange tastes etched in my mind and haunting me all night. 

 In the winter of 2012, CCTV (China Central Television) hit a series documentary called “A Bite of China,” this series documentaries are talking about history of food, eating, cooking and the relationship between Chinese normal people and their food.

There are seven episodes in Season 1, they are:
  1. Gifts from Nature (Gifts from nature)
  2. The Story of Staple Foods (The Story of Staple Foods)
  3. Inspiration for Change ( Inspiration for Change )
  4. The Taste of Time - This episode focuses on the different preservation techniques and preserved food across the regions ( The taste of Time)
  5. Secrets of the Kitchen ( Secrets of the kitchen )
  6. A Perfect Blend of Five Flavors ( A perfect Blend of Five Flavors )
  7. Our Farm( Our Farm)
 These documentaries list so many different food and eating habits throughout China, mixed the wisdom and skill of traditional culture and modern civilization, it showed China as a big country of food, her customs and nature, tradition and creativity; In deep, they are talk about the relationship between human and nature, creativity, skills and tradition. The pictures in the documentaries can mobilize my all taste senses and emotions, every time I watch them (yes I watched them many times), my saliva and tears are running together, saliva is for the food, tears is because missing my family dishes and my parents. 

Another thing that touching me most is that almost every people in the story are all working very hard for their lives, for their family and happiness. When they enjoy their fruits of labour, their smile can touch everyone, which also remind me my parents' cooking. The memory imprinted on my tongue, will always lead me back to home.

"No matter how time changes, no matter how different between people's ideological positions or interests, the China on the tip of tongue is always ours; and only on this issue, the people in mainland, in Taiwan, even in Outer Mongolia can reach a consensus."-----A Douban user. 

 

没有评论:

发表评论